PPMET is always in need of extra help and assistance. All you have to do is call or email Jessica at 615-345-0952 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or get a Volunteer Application.
After you have filled out a Volunteer Application, you will be called in for an interview. At that point, you will discuss what opportuntities you are most interested in pursuing with PPMET.
Most recent examples of Volunteer Opportunities are as follows:
Administration and Data Specialist - you are so smart!
- You utilize your knowledge and skillsets in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) as well as online database systems to keep PPMET lists useful and to help keep our postal costs down by ensuring addresses are correct and up-to-date.
The A-Team (Advocates) - you are so savvy!
- You work and train with the External Affairs Department on how to write letters and make phone calls to legislators, you come out to our outdoor events and rallies (like for the anniversary of Roe v. Wade and/or World AIDS Day), you attend important legislative meetings, hearings, and sessions when it is imperative to have Planned Parenthood supporters there.
Education Enthusiast - you are so knowledgable!
- You work with our Education Department to represent PPMET at community health fairs and talk with community members about PPMET - sometimes you work on special projects as necessary.
Chief Morale Officer - you are so awesome!
- You are welcome to come and cheer us up by assisting with office recycling, organizing office supplies and educational materials, and answe the phone among various other office assistance.
Media Analyst - you are so 'right now'!
- You work and train with the External Affairs Department to use your news and blog addiction to monitor local and/or national news and blog outlets to ensure accurate information about Planned Parenthood of Middle and East Tennessee - including comprehensive sexuality educaiton and abortion care - is out there, and then use your wit to write comments on blogs and letters to the editor as needed.
Special Events Guru - you are so popular!
- You work with the Development Department to plan special events (fund raisers and social engagements), use your social connections to assist in lining up silent auction items and other general, but necessary, help.
Vox® (campus organizers) - you are souch a rockstar!
- You work in a group on your campus to raise awareness about Planned Parenthood, reproductive health and rights and other complementary issues.
Internships can be in any of the following areas:
- Public Affairs
- Public Health/Education
- Human Resources
- Can be specialized to meet your needs