Professionals can take advantage of community workshops sponsored throughout the year, in-service sessions designed to meet an organization’s specific training needs, or one-on-one consultations.
For more information, or arrange a training event for your group, please call PPMET's Education and Training Department.
Nashville area: 615-345-0952, ext. 212
Knoxville area: 865-694-7155, ext. 3
PPMET sponsors several one-day workshops each year, affordably priced and open to any professional in the community.
In-service presentations can be tailored to fit each group's needs, centered around any topic related to sexuality or reproductive health. Typical topics include:
• human sexuality
• refusal Skills
• reproductive anatomy and physiology
• sexually transmitted infections (STI/STDs) and HIV/AIDS
• healthy relationships
Sexuality Education Training Series (SETS)
This 20-hour intensive course equips professionals with the knowledge, skills, and comfort needed to provide quality sexuality education. It includes provides lecture, discussion, and hands-on practical experience in teaching sexuality.
SETS participants will:
• gain up to date knowledge on a variety of sexuality topics
• learn creative activities to engage students
• expand knowledge of community resources
• enhance sensitivity to diversity in a group/classroom
• learn how to handle controversial topics
• learn elements of effective risk reduction programming
• enhance comfort