We are actively looking for to fill the following position. Please send resumes to email@example.com or fax resume to 609-989-1546. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: RN – Conscious Sedation
Per diem, Every Friday 9am-5pm
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Reviews patient’s history and interview notes, ensuring that all pertinent information has been obtained and patient is medically eligible to receive sedation.
2. Starts an IV and is capable of administering a specifically prescribed supplemental dose of conscious sedation as determined by the physician which supplements the initial conscious sedation administered by the physician. Monitors patient response to the medication. Monitors patient’s respiration, pulse, blood pressure and oxygen saturation during procedures. Transports post op patients to the recovery area.
3. Assumes responsibility for complete documentation of patient records related to the administering of sedation.
4. Counts and stores all conscious sedation medications. Accountable for all controlled substances used for conscious sedation.
5. Responsible for making sure that the equipment is available as needed, ensuring safety and adequate supply. The equipment must be inspected fully at the beginning of each day of use and a record needs to be made.
6. Manages any possible complications in conjunction with the physician.
Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of New Jersey. Current ACLS - CPR Certification required. Experience in the use of anesthetic agents used for conscious sedation required. Possesses at least 3-5 years experience, preferably in inpatient setting or outpatient surgical care center. Excellent skills in IV placement required. Commitment to the efficient and customer-oriented provision of services.