Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region participates in a federal funding program called Title X, that provides subsidies for birth control and related health care for those who qualify. Women and teens who do not have health insurance or whose health insurance doesn't cover birth control, can get care at reduced rates or in some cases free, depending on their income and family size. This program does not pay for abortion.
To qualify, we ask clients to present proof of income, such as a paycheck stub, or if you are unemployed, proof of unemployment benefits. High school or college students should also bring their student I.D. These help our staff determine what amount you can pay under the Title X discounted fee scale.
These are the services that are subsidized under the Title X program:
- Contraceptive counseling and supplies/methods, including birth control pills, patches, shots, implants and IUDs
- Gynecological examinations and basic lab tests
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Breast exams and cervical cancer screenings
- Reproductive life/family planning counseling
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- HIV testing and risk reduction counseling
- Screenings for high blood pressure and anemia
To find out more about these subsidized services, call our health center at 901-725-1717 or click here to make an appointment on line.