Outreach and Education Services
PPGMR Educators run free programs and health screenings all year long. Need to get an HIV test, but can't make it into our Health Center? Want an Educator at your community event giving out information? Want someone to come and do a class for youth church youth group? Afraid to talk to your kids about sex and want some expert guidance? We're here for you.
Want to schedule a workshop? Click here or call (901) 725-3014.
Want an Educator to come to your class, church, or agency? Here are the programs being offered in 2012:
- Becoming a Responsible Teen [BART]: HIV Prevention for Teens
- Streetwise-to-Sexwise: Comprehensive Sexuality Education for Teens
- Family Planning and Sexual Health [FLASH]: School-Based Comprehensive Sexuality Education for Teens
- ¡Cuidate! HIV Prevention for Hispanic Teens
- Making Sense of Abstinence: Abstinence Education for Teens
- Sex Ed 101: Comprehensive Sexuality Education for Teens (for Churches, Community Centers, and other non-school settings)
Want an adult to come run a workshop with your adult clients or friends? Here are the programs being offered for adults in 2012:
- Sex Matters: Comprehensive Sexuality Education for Young Adults
- Older, Wiser, Sexually Smarter: Comprehensive Sexuality Education for Seniors (50+)
HIV Testing Locations
Trained testers offer free, 20 minute HIV tests at locations all over the Memphis area. No appointment necessary. Walk ins are welcome.
- Mondays: 1-3pm at GetWell Community Clinic, 3055 Watson Street, 38118,
- Thursdays: 11am-1pm at GetWell Community Clinic at 3055 Watson Street,
- Thursdays: 2pm-4pm at South Memphis Alliance Laundromat, 1044 So. Bellevue,
- Fridays: 10am-1pm at the University of Memphis University Center, Room 208.
Just need a quick answer? Check out our database of Health Topics.