Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region makes HIV testing more accessible to the public by offering free HIV testing every day during regular office hours at our health center at 2430 Poplar Avenue. This testing is available to men, women and teens without an appointment whether or not they are established family planning patients.
We also take HIV testing and prevention counseling out into the community by offering free walk-in HIV testing at the following times and locations each week:
- Mondays, 10am - 1:30pm, Family Safety Center, 1750 Madison Avenue; and 1-3pm at GetWell Community Clinic, 3055 Watson Street
- Thursdays, 11am-1pm, at GetWell Community Clinic at 3055 Watson Street
- Thursdays, 2pm - 4pm, at South Memphis Alliance Laundromat and Community Resource Center, 1044 South Bellevue Blvd
- Fridays, 10am-1pm, at the University of Memphis, University Center, Room 338
PPGMR also promotes the free weekly testing event offered by its partnering agency, Memphis Gay and Lesbian Community Center (MGLCC):
- Mondays, 6-9pm at Memphis Gay and Lesbian CommunityCenter, 892 S. Cooper Street
- Wednesdays, 6-9pm at Memphis Gay and Lesbian Community Center, 892 S. Cooper Street
PPGMR plays a vital role in the Mid-South's regional HIV prevention strategy by employing two certified Master Trainers for the HIV Prevention Counseling and Testing Course. PPGMR's staff provides essential training and support for new community HIV testers at agencies all over the Mid-South.