- To list effective methods of birth control
- To determine advantages and disadvantages for each method of birth control
- To state where each method of birth control can be obtained
Activity #1 - This activity demonstrates the chances of getting pregnant with or without using contraception. (interactive activity)
- Failure rate
- Perfect use
- Typical use
Activity #2 - Explanation of Methods (interactive activity, non lecture)
The following methods will be included in the lesson:
- The Pill
- The Patch
- The Ring
- Male Condom
- Female Condom
The following information will be present about each method:
- Failure Rate
- How it prevents pregnancy
- How it is used
- Side effects
- Where you get it
Wrap-up and discussion questions:
- Which method is the best for pregnancy prevention?
- Which method is the best for STI prevention?
- Which method of contraception would you recommend to a friend? Why?
- Which method can be used in combination with another method?
- Which methods do not require a doctor's visit or prescription?