Sexuality Education Certification Series
The Sexuality Education Certification Series (SECS) is our most comprehensive training opportunity. Participants develop the knowledge, skills and comfort needed to provide successful sexuality programs. Each session of this lively, interactive course combines guest lectures, discussion and hands-on practical experience in specific subject areas.
Graduates of this course are able to:
- Identify key elements of effective sexuality education based on the latest research.
- Feel comfortable discussing sexuality in an educational setting.
- Develop an understanding of key sexual health topics and effective teaching strategies for these topics.
- Define active learning theories and stages of behavior change in relation to teaching sexuality education.
- Teach with strategies that address diverse learning styles, cultures and experiences.
- Recognize the importance of values, attitudes and beliefs in teaching and learning in sexuality education.
- Learn the different stages of emotional, social and cognitive development.
- Design an age-appropriate lesson in sexuality education.
A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the series.
November 19-21, 2013
December 3-5, 2013
March 3, 5, and 10, 2014
June 3-5, 2014
June 24-26, 2014
Please note that many of our courses fill up well in advance and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Due to the popularity of our courses, your seat will not be reserved until payment has been processed.
Get Real Teacher Training
This training is offered to teachers who are using Get Real in their schools. If you are currently using Get Real and would like more information about Teacher Training, please click here.
For information on how to purchase Get Real for your school visit our curriculum website at http://www.getrealeducation.org/.
For more information about our education programs, email email@example.com or call the Education Department at 617-616-1672.