Now that you have insurance, many people don't realize that Planned Parenthood accepts most insurance plans. Plans vary depending on where you live in Pennsylvania. We've listed most of the plans we work with in PA. If you're confused, never had insurance before & don't know what to expect, we're here to help! Click here for more details. Espanol?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare at a glance:
Watch this 2 minute youtube spot to learn what you need to know about ACA & Planned Parenthood.
Stressing over the possibility of having to pay out-of-pocket when you are sick or injured may soon be a thing of the past. The new health care law, sometime called Obamacare gives you and your family a new opportunity to choose good health insurance coverage at a good price. Even if you have been denied insurance in the past or are on a tight budget keep reading and you'll find out how you can now access an affordable health insurance plan that’s just right for you and your family.
- All plans sold in the Marketplace must cover a full range of health services, including birth control with no co-pay, doctor visits, ER care, maternity care, mental health treatment, and prescriptions drug costs.
- Many individuals and families will be able to lower their current insurance costs.
- Financial help will be available to most families. For example, a single person who makes up to $46,000 a year or a family of four earning up to $94,000 a year may be eligible for a subsidy that brings the cost of their monthly premium to an affordable level.
- Under the new health care law, you cannot be turned down for coverage because of a pre-existing condition.
- All plans sold in the Marketplace, will be run by private insurance companies with networks that will allow you to keep you doctor and continue to visit the health provider you choose.
- Help will be available online, by phone, and in person so that you can find the right insurance plan for you and your family.
The best resource available online for Pennsylvanians to help you navigate the new health care law is Healthcare.gov, the federal government's one-stop shop for information on the new health care law.
Planned Parenthood Keystone (PPKey) provides high-quality, nonjudgmental, confidential health care to women, men and young people in 37 counties in the eastern half of Pennsylvania. We're here for you every step of the way. We'll keep you updated on how the new health insurance law can benefit you, and help you find the information you need to make the right choices for you and your family.