In harsh economic times like today, access to affordable birth control and family planning services are more important than ever. Birth control is basic health care that helps people make responsible decisions about their lives and their futures.
Unfortunately for many women, reliable methods of family planning can be financially out of reach. Only by working hand-in-hand with national, state, and local leaders can we implement commonsense measures that will prevent unintended pregnancy.
Planned Parenthood is committed to ensuring that no woman has to wonder how she'll afford her next birth control prescription. Here are just a few of the issues we're currently working on.
- Expanding Coverage of Medicaid-Funded Family Planning Services
- Increasing Funding for Title X - America's Family Planning Program
- Expanding Access to 340B Drug Pricing Program
- Ensuring Insurance Coverage for Birth Control
- Increasing Access to Emergency Contraception