Health care reform becomes law.
- It extends health care coverage to tens of millions of women and families.
- It guarantees access to affordable, lifesaving screenings for breast and cervical cancer.
- It protects women against gender discrimination by private insurers.
- It ends the practice of dropping coverage because of pre-existing conditions.
- It significantly increases insurance coverage of reproductive health care, including family planning.
It's a huge victory for women's health, but our work isn't over yet.
While we celebrate the passage of health care reform, rest assured we're going to keep working to fix the damage caused by the Nelson amendment. If left intact, the Nelson amendment would be the most severe restriction on private health insurance coverage for abortion in 35 years.
Stay in touch and be the first to know. Sign up for alerts here.