Planned Parenthood of Illinois accepts the following insurance plans:
- Aetna *Illinois Marketplace Plan
- Aetna PPO, HMO, POS
- BCBS (Blue Cross Blue Shield) *Illinois Marketplace Plan
- BCBS PPO
- Beech Street
- Cigna PPO, HMO
- Consociate Dansig
- CountyCare (Cook County Program)
- Coventry *Illinois Marketplace Plan
- Coventry/PersonalCare Network
- Health Alliance *Illinois Marketplace Plan
- HealthLink PPO, HMO
- Humana *Illinois Marketplace Plan
- Humana PPO
- LLH (Land of Lincoln Co-Op) *Illinois Marketplace Plan
- Meridian Health Plan
- Molina (Medicare-Medicaid Dual Eligible)
- United Healthcare PPO, HMO
Direct Network for BCBS HMO and Humana HMO (The following groups will refer to Planned Parenthood of Illinois):
- Advocate Medical Group*
- NorthShore (formerly ENH)*
- Midwest Physicians Group*
- North American Medical Management*
*You are responsible for obtaining any referrals or prior authorizations from your Primary Care Provider before your appointment.
Planned Parenthood of Illinois will submit claims on your behalf to your insurance company. You are responsible for your co-payment at the time of the visit. You are also responsible for all services not covered, co-insurance and unmet deductibles.
Any remaining balances will be communicated to you via a billing statement by mail after we have received a response from the insurance carrier. For questions about specific charges covered by your insurance, you should contact your insurance carrier directly.
Please understand that we cannot guarantee confidentiality when using insurance. The policy holder will receive all explanations of benefits. Therefore, if you are a dependent or a spouse under some else’s policy, your confidentiality is not guaranteed.
If your insurance is not listed, Planned Parenthood of Illinois may be out of your plan’s network. We will verify if benefits are payable at Planned Parenthood of Illinois. We may ask for payment in full at the time of your visit. We encourage you to call the member service phone number listed on your insurance ID card. Your member service department can give you detailed information about your plan’s networks and benefits.