Planned Parenthood of Illinois has recently been made aware of a voluntary recall of Next Choice One Dose Emergency Contraceptive (Levonorgestrel Tablet), 1.5 mg, NDC 52544-287-54. We have been advised that this medication is being recalled by the pharmaceutical company because they have had complaints about the pill breaking into pieces when attempting to get the medication out of the package.
Due to the nature of this recall, we are requesting that those who received Next Choice One Dose Emergency Contraceptive return to the health center with the indicated Next Choice One Dose Emergency Contraceptive so we can replace it. While we have been advised that there is no expected loss of effectiveness of the medication as long as the entire dosage is/was taken, we would encourage you to return the drug to any one of our 17 health centers so we can replace it.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have questions, please contact Watson (Actavis) at 1-800-272-5525.
Learn about Planned Parenthood of Illinois' patient services and resources:
- WE CARE Packages
- Women's Health Services
- Men's Health Services
- Abortion Services
- Online Appointment Requestor
- Medical Forms
- Payment Options **Including Private Insurance**
We're Here for You 6 Days a Week
Our call center is open Monday - Thursday 8am - 7pm, Friday 8am - 5pm, and Saturday 7am - 3pm.
Our staff in the call center can answer your questions and schedule appointments. If needed, we can transfer your call to staff at your health center. Having a call center means:
- You receive our undivided attention on the phone, from staff who are trained to meet your needs
- You receive more individualized attention at our health centers
- With one phone call you can schedule an appointment at any of our health centers
- You can ask questions and schedule an appointment even on days your health center is closed
Unsure which birth control method is right for you? Or whether you should get tested for an STI? Use My Method and The Check to find out: