Get involved. Stay informed. Make a difference!
Planned Parenthood Young Leaders (PPYL) is a group of energized twenty and thirty-somethings who have united to share their talents and spirit. By activating the next generation of family planning leaders we hope to ensure safe, affordable and unblocked access to reproductive education, health care and advocacy for all.
Share our commitment to healthier families? Join PPYL today. You'll automatically be added to our email list to receive our monthly e-newsletter. Also, be sure to visit and "like" our Facebook page for the most-up-to-date info on news and events.
Second Thursday of every month, 5:30 p.m.
PP Heartland Educational Resource Center
1168 6th Avenue
Des Moines, IA
“Choice on Tap” Happy Hour
Fourth Thursday of every month, 5:30 p.m.
April's Choice on Tap will be held at Hessen Haus
Our biggest fundraiser of the year held in November at The Garden in Des Moines, Bingolicious features local drag queens calling bingo, performances from the ladies of Kees Camp, and a drag show.
Our second largest fund and friedraiser held in March, Sex Trivia challenges teams to square off for the night to test their knowledge of all things anatomy, sex and reproductive health.
Bite with Insight
These free quarterly lunch and learns co-hosted with the Central Iowa Friends of Planned Parenthood of the Heartland tackle topics and feature speakers on a wide variety of Planned Parenthood and reproductive health-related topics.
Drake Relays Condom Crawl
Help students stay safe during the Drake Relays by passing out condoms and lube on this bar crawl to campus bars and Greek street.
Tour de Bars
Explore the greater Des Moines bike trails and drinking establishments along the route from Des Moines to Cumming during this summer bar bike crawl, all while raising money for a good cause -- PPHeartland.
Visit the events tab for details about upcoming events in your area.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected to a committee chair
- Designs and plans fundraising and friend-raising events such as monthly socials, Bingolicious and Sex Trivia
- Coordinates and delegates responsibilities such as location, menu, promotion and entertainment
- Designs and plans education events such as Bite with Insight (our quarterly lunch and learn series)
- Coordinates and delegates responsibilities such as health/education promotions, programs and outreach
Public Relations & Recruitment Committee
- Alerts PPYL members and community about upcoming events through community calendars, social media and email
- Creates and implements action plan to increase PPYL membership and involvement
- Arranges volunteering opportunities such as volunteering at the Planned Parenthood Book Sale, working booths at community events, assembling paperwork at the health centers and more
- Coordinates with Planned Parenthood of the Heartland staff, Book Sale representatives and PPYL members to coordinate volunteer opportunities