Advantages of Stock Gifts
The gift of an appreciated asset is a powerful way to support Planned Parenthood of the Heartland (PP Heartland). The advantages allow you to:
- Receive an income tax charitable deduction for the full market value
- Avoid capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the securities
- Help support the women and men of Iowa and Nebraska by providing quality reproductive health care and accurate science-base sexuality education to all regardless of their ability to pay
Valuation of Stock Gifts
The value of the gift will be the mean of the high and low trading prices on the official date of your gift to PP Heartland. The official date of your gift will be determined differently depending on how it is made.
- By mail…it is the postmark date
- By overnight carrier…it is the date of receipt by PP Heartland
- By electronic transfer…it is the date the security is received into PP Heartland’s bank/brokerage account
Making the Stock Gift
Follow the instructions on PP Heartland's Stock Transfer Form.
If you have questions, contact PP Heartland’s Development Department at 515.235.0408 or e-mail.