Hepatitis B at a Glance
- A kind of liver infection
- Often has no symptoms
- No cure, but the infection often goes away on its own
- Many states require the hepatitis B vaccine for school children
- Can be spread during sex play
- Easily spread with or without symptoms
- Condoms offer good protection for people not vaccinated
We all want to protect ourselves and each other from infections like hepatitis B. Learning more about hepatitis B is an important first step.
Here are some of the most common questions we hear people ask about hepatitis B. We hope you find the answers helpful, whether you think you may have hepatitis B, have been diagnosed with it, or are just curious about it.