A Quiz — Does Your Relationship Make You Happy?
Checking in with yourself on a regular basis to understand if you are truly happy in your relationship is a good first step. This quiz focuses on romantic and sexual relationships, but many of the ideas apply to other kinds of relationships. After you take this quiz, it could be helpful to try it again from your partner’s perspective.
- Does your partner listen to and respect your ideas?
- Does your partner give you space to spend time with friends and family?
- Do you enjoy spending time together?
- Do you feel comfortable telling your partner when something she or he is doing upsets you?
- Do you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts and feelings?
- Can you tell your partner what you like sexually?
- Does your partner make an effort to get along with your friends and family?
- Is your partner proud of your accomplishments and successes?
- Does your partner respect your differences?
- Can you talk to your partner about safer sex and/or birth control?
Relationships can be complicated, but if you answered “yes” to all of these questions, there’s a good chance your relationship makes you happy. If you answered “no” to two or more questions, you might be in an unhealthy relationship. If your relationship feels unhealthy, find out more.