What Are the Benefits of Outercourse?
Outercourse is simple, convenient, and free. It has many benefits.
People like outercourse as a birth control method because it
- has no medical or hormonal side effects
- can be used as safer sex to help prevent STDs if semen and vaginal fluids are not exchanged
- can increase trust and closeness between partners
- may make sex play last longer
- can be used when no other birth control methods are available
- can help people better understand their bodies
Sex play without intercourse can also help women learn how to have orgasms. Women have very different sexual response cycles than men. Men usually have one orgasm, and it is usually some time before they can have another. Women can have frequent and multiple orgasms. But many women don't have orgasms from vaginal stimulation. Most of them can have orgasms when the clitoris is stimulated whether or not they are having vaginal intercourse.
Men also enjoy outercourse even if they're shy about it in front of their partners. Outercourse allows men to be erotic without worrying about how well they "perform" during vaginal intercourse.
Advantages for Teens
Outercourse can completely satisfy both partners and take a lot of pressure off young women and men. Outercourse helps partners learn about their bodies and how to give themselves and each other sexual pleasure.