Birth control allows us to prevent pregnancy and plan the timing of pregnancy.
- My Method
- Compare Effectiveness of Birth Control Options
- Birth Control Implant (Implanon and Nexplanon)
- Birth Control Patch (Ortho Evra)
- Birth Control Pills
- Birth Control Shot (Depo-Provera)
- Birth Control Sponge (Today Sponge)
- Birth Control Vaginal Ring (NuvaRing)
- Breastfeeding as Birth Control
- Cervical Cap (FemCap)
- Female Condom
- Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAMs)
- Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception)
- Sterilization for Women
- Withdrawal (Pull Out Method)
People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. And each of us has different needs when choosing a method. If you are trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Use the list of birth control methods above to read about the methods.
Only you can decide what is best for you. And we are here to help. A staff member at your local Planned Parenthood health center can discuss all of your birth control options with you and help you get the birth control you need.