Director of Public Affairs & Government Relations - Honolulu
Planned Parenthood of Hawaii (PPHI) has an exciting leadership opportunity for a Director of Public Affairs & Government Relations. PPHI is seeking the best and brightest! Do you want to be part of an energetic, dedicated team? At PPHI, we provide a broad range of reproductive health care services, education, family planning and advocacy. We operate health centers on four islands and are headquartered in Honolulu.
Director of Health Care & Compliance - Planned Parenthood of Hawaii - Honolulu
The Director of Health Care and Compliance (Director) is responsible for strategic planning, business and clinical operations, program development, and coordination of all PPHI medical services and programs, including medical risk and quality management, corporate compliance and HIPAA privacy program. The immediate and pressing priorities of this position may shift, dynamically and quickly, while the ongoing concern for a smooth and efficient health care operation throughout PPHI must always remain. This position provides immediate supervision and ultimate oversight to multiple staff and projects and keeps the President of the Board and the CEO well informed regarding the health care operation throughout PPHI.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops a strategic plan for the Health Care and Compliance department.
2. Sets Health Care and Compliance department productivity and operational standards, staffing levels, and service fees.
3. Creates and maintains a standard for work that is characterized by excellence, reflects the mission and values of the organization, and ensures dignity and respect for our clients.
4. Creates a standard for fabulous customer service and inspires and motivates others to embrace that standard as matter of personal pride and organizational reputation.
5. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the facility medical services, patient care, financial viability and clinical programs.
6. Conducts regular meetings with medical services staff. Participates in staff committee work as needed.
7. Collaborates with all PPHI departments on cross-departmental and agency-wide programs, events, and services.
8. Works closely with Human Resources department to ensure compliance with PPHI's affirmative action program in hiring, firing, transferring and promoting within the affiliate; and, to develop and manage compensation strategies to reward and retain staff.
9. Oversees computerized systems for patient records management (practice management system).
10. Coordinates with Corporate Branding Team (CBT) the marketing strategy and advertising plans for clinic services.
11. Responsible for training and development of health care management and non-management staff.
12. Serves as the primary contact to Affiliate Risk Management Services (ARMS) on all matters related to medical malpractice and liability insurance, working closely with other senior staff throughout PPHI to manage and maintain effective coverage.
13. Leads and ensures compliance throughout PPHI on health care matters from multiple funders, accrediting and licensing authorities within Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), related Planned Parenthood organizations, governmental bodies and other external authorities including but not limited to:
a. The Standards and Guidelines set forth by the National Medical Committee of PPFA,
b. The accreditation standards set forth by the Affiliate Development and Accreditation Committee of PPFA,
c. All requirements set forth by ARMS to ensure compliance with medical malpractice and liability insurance,
d. Regulations set forth by the State of Hawaii for health care providers,
e. Regulations set forth by HIPAA,
f. Regulations set forth by the Hawaii State Board of Pharmacy and our licenses issued therein,
g. Regulations set forth by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments and our operating certificates issued therein,
h. Regulations set forth by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
14. Works closely with the Clinic Managers at our health center locations to develop operating systems, evaluation tools and management practices to ensure compliance with all of the elements referenced in #13 above.
15. Prepares and provides data and narratives for compilation of grant applications.
16. Oversees or coordinates implementation of strategic plans and programs, all site visits and audits related to any of the elements referenced in #13 above, again, working closely with Clinic Managers.
17. Oversees and manages the inventory and purchasing functions for the health care operation, effectively coordinating staff from the PPHI clinics to achieve optimal supplies and inventory control.
18. Develops and manages an annual budget and work plan for all medical services, including any proposed new services and sites. Prepares health care budget with the Health Care department team, including providing training and guidance in budget preparation. Participates in budget revision process for the entire agency to achieve agency-wide goals.
19. Chairs the Quality Management Committee of PPHI, and in so doing leads a first-rate quality management program that directs the organization toward the constant pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement. The quality management program will focus primarily on health care delivery but it will impact functional areas beyond health care to ensure quality organization-wide. Major elements of a first-rate, comprehensive quality management program shall include but are not limited to:
a. Policies and Procedures Manuals
b. Audit and Evaluation
c. Management of Occurrence Reports
d. Custodian of Records and HIPAA Compliance
e. Accreditation with PPFA.
20. Makes presentations to the Board about health care operations.
Recruits, supervises and evaluates the employment of Clinic Managers. Part of a team who is responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training staff or volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems of clinical programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree is preferred. Degrees in the areas of nursing, management, public/community health, public administration, health care administration or related fields are preferred.
Significant experience in clinical operations and successful management therein is required. Demonstrated experience providing management and supervision of multicultural staff of varying ages and the management of budgets is required. Must have three to seven years experience in management of a health center or similar organization. Experience in the field of family planning and reproductive health care required.
PPHI offers a great benefits package. EOE. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
LPN - Planned Parenthood of Hawaii – Kailua-Kona
Hawaii licensed LPN needed to staff post abortion procedure recovery room one day per week. Duties include taking vital signs (including pulse oximetry), dispensing meds, giving verbal & written aftercare instructions and birth control info and reporting signs and symptoms of post procedure complications to the M.D. Must be a dedicated health care professional who is a strong team player. Planned Parenthood of Hawaii provides a positive work environment. EOE. Fax resume and cover letter to Clinic Manager @ 329-8222.
Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator - Planned Parenthood of Hawaii - Honolulu
Planned Parenthood of Hawaii (PPHI) is seeking a part time Volunteer and Community Outreach Coordinator. The Coordinator recruits and coordinates PPHI volunteers and activists, assists PPHI in increasing visibility through participating in community events and promoting its mission, and assists the Director of Public Affairs and Government Relations on public policy work and advocacy. Applicants should have demonstrated experience in outreach and organizing and excellent communication and writing skills. BA/BS degree preferred. Great Benefits. EOE. Send cover letter and resume to Katie Polidoro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receptionist - Planned Parenthood of Hawaii - Honolulu
Planned Parenthood of Hawaii, Honolulu clinic, is seeking a full time Receptionist who will be responsible for reception duties, patient scheduling, patient intake processing, data entry, medical chart management, financial transactions, bililng support and general operational support of the clinic. MUST have experience in the medical field, as well as excellent team and customer service skills. Competitive pay / benefits. EOE. Please submit resume and cover letter to Clinic Manager. Fax: Oahu 808-589-1404.
Medical Assistant p/t - Planned Parenthood of Hawaii - Kailua Kona
Planned Parenthood of Hawaii is seeking a part time experienced Medical Assistant for our Kailua-Kona Clinic. Duties include: taking vitals, lab work, patient education/counseling, assisting with procedures and making appointments. Experience preferred. Must have medical experience, outstanding work ethic, enjoy a fast paced work environment and contribute positive energy to an outstanding team. Good pay. EOE. Fax cover letter and resume to Clinic Manager on Hawaii Island at 808-329-8222.