Planned Parenthood health centers provide high-quality, preventive reproductive health services including well woman exams, lifesaving cancer screenings, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, HIV testing and risk reduction counseling, a full-range of FDA approved birth control methods, pregnancy testing and options counseling, and screening for high blood pressure and diabetes.
Planned Parenthood believes every woman in Louisiana should have access to affordable, high-quality health care that prevents disease; treats illness in a timely, effective manner; and saves lives.
Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast
Health Center Services In Louisiana 2012
Providing Affordable and Quality Health Care for Women and Men in Our Community
- 16,707 health care visits were provided for women and men (family planning, HIV and dysplasia visits)
- 2,840 estimated unintended pregnancies were prevented with birth control
- 18,295 tests for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) were performed
- 4,326 HIV prevention counseling and testing visits were provided
- 2,221 pap tests performed
- 30 women received care for precancerous cervical conditions
Learn more about our health centers: