Over the next year, Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast will be constructing a new state of the art health facility to meet the growing demand for affordable, high-quality preventive health care.
The new health center will provide women and men in New Orleans with expanded reproductive health services and medically-accurate information in a larger, more comfortable setting.
This new health center will offer the full range of reproductive health services and expanded education programming, in addition to providing lifesaving cancer screenings, contraception, and testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections.
Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast
Health Center Services In New Orleans 2012
Providing Affordable and Quality Health Care for Women and Men in Our Community
- 7508 health care visits were provided for women, men and teens (family planning, HIV and dysplasia visits)
- 4031 unduplicated clients
- 3564 women served
- 467 men served
- 1350 well woman exams
- 1276 estimated unintended pregnancies were prevented with birth control
- 7416 tests for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) were performed
- 1541 HIV prevention counseling and testing visits were provided
- 1078 Pap tests performed
- 30 women received care for precancerous cervical conditions
|Click here to learn about the New Orleans health center location, hours, & directions.|
Take a look at our New Orleans Resource Guide: Community Resource Guide to Pregnancy Health and Services.
This guide is dedicated to the health of our NOLA families and their little ones.