Living paycheck to paycheck? Going to school? Chances are very good that you could receive FREE services!
The Women’s Health Program offers Texas residents:
- Free annual well-woman exams (which include screenings for breast and cervical cancer, diabetes, STDs, high blood pressure and other health issues).
- Birth control (Pills, The Patch, The Shot, or other long-term, multi-year contraceptives)
** The State of Texas has implemented a rule that will not allow Planned Parenthood to see women who are enrolled in the Women’s Health Program. If you are enrolled in the Women’s Health Program and would like to come to a Planned Parenthood health center, please call us to find out if we can schedule an appointment for you.
You can enroll if you’re a woman:
- Between the ages 18-44
- A U.S. citizen (or non-citizen eligible for federally funded programs)
- Live in Texas
- Not pregnant
- Earning no more than the monthly income limits identified below
*Income levels shown above are before taxes. These are only examples, please call 1-800-230-PLAN to find out if you qualify.
- You or a member of your family receives WIC, TANF, Food Stamps, or Children’s Medicaid
Planned Parenthood staff will help you enroll! You’ll need to bring proof of the following:
- Citizenship or immigrant status ( your passport, birth certificate, or green card)
- Income (a recent paycheck stub)
Identity (a photo ID such as your driver’s license, work or school ID)
Save time! Download the application in [English] or [Español] and complete it before you come in. Bring the completed application and required documents (listed above) to any Planned Parenthood health center to help process your application faster.
Call us at 1.800.230.PLAN. The sooner you apply, the sooner you can be enrolled!
The Take Charge program is available for Louisiana residents who are:
- Woman between the ages of 19-44
- Uninsured and worried about family planning
- Need birth control and exams related to family planning
TAKE CHARGE may be the program for you.
Call 1.800.230.PLAN today for more information or go directly to the Take Charge website. The sooner you apply, the sooner you can be enrolled!
NOT ELIGIBLE? You may still be eligible for other programs to help pay for your services. Call 1.800.230.PLAN to talk to a friendly staff member.