Well woman exams are an important part of your health care routine and can:
- Help prevent illness and discomfort
- Lead to early detection of breast cancer
- Prevent cervical cancer by detecting precancerous growths
- Detect sexually transmitted diseases and other conditions that may cause serious health problems if untreated
- Detect causes of infertility that may be treated
- Promote healthy pregnancy and childbirth
Getting a well-woman exam may make you a little nervous, but that's totally normal. It's an important and routine female check-up to make sure everything is okay with your body. If you are feeling anxious or uneasy about your pelvic exam, knowing what to expect can help you relax.
Call 1-800-230-PLAN today to learn more or schedule your next well woman exam. Remember, your information is entirely confidential. If you have questions or concerns, Planned Parenthood is here to help.