Tips for Writing Lawmakers
- Write no more than one page.
- Write about no more than one issue.
- Be specific about the bill/issue you are writing about.
- Let them know you are a constituent.
- Let them know if you voted for them or donated money to their campaign.
- Don't be afraid to be assertive their job is to represent your interests.
- Be timely.
- Use your credentials if you are an expert, say it!Michigan HouseThe Honorable (Full Name)
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
Michigan SentateThe Honorable (Full Name)
P.O. Box 30036
Lansing, MI 48909-7536
U.S. House of RepresentativesThe Honorable (Full Name)
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, D.C. 20515
U.S. SenateThe Honorable (Full Name)
Washington, D.C. 20510
Click here to contact your MI State Representative
Click here to contact your MI State Senator
Click here to contact your U.S. Representative
Click here to contactyour U.S. Senator