- Who We Are
- Our Leadership
- Local & State Offices
- Planned Parenthood Global
- The Affordable Care Act
- Birth Control: Plan and Protect Your Future
- Komen Foundation Restores Funding for Breast Cancer Screenings at Planned Parenthood Health Centers
- Let's Talk Month
- Breast Health Initiative
- National Spokespersons
- Press Releases
- In the News
- Fact Sheets & Reports
- PPFA Maggie Awards for Media Excellence
- PPFA Margaret Sanger Award Winners
- Planned Parenthood Gift Policy
- Advisory Boards & Initiatives
- Jobs & Volunteering
- Annual Report
- About This Site
- Contact Us
Thinking About Having Sex with a Vampire This Halloween? Planned Parenthood is Here to Help
Letís face it: vampires can rack up a lot of sexual partners over the years. Your vampire might be the same age as you, or she or he might be thousands of years old. But no matter how old you are, if youíre going to jump into bed with a vampire, youíre going to need more than a clove of garlic to protect your health.
Here are some things to think about before you enter into a sexual relationship with a vampire:
ē Ladies, just because a vampire says he canít get you pregnant*, it doesnít mean he canít give you an STD. And guys, just because a vampire says sheís on the pill, it doesnít mean that you canít get an STD. Use a condom correctly every time.
ē Donít wait until youíre in the heat of the moment to bring up safer sex. Vampires have been known to ďglamourĒ people to get their way, so play it safe and make it clear that you wonít have sex without protection right from the start.
Remember, a vampire who doesn't care about protecting your health is not the kind of vampire that you want to get involved with. Not sure if youíre dating the right vampire? We can help you figure it out.
* Letís not forget, Edward got Bella pregnant in the Twilight series, going against hundreds of years of vampire lore. So even if your vampire tells you he canít get you pregnant, why risk it? Condoms are not only a great way to prevent STDs, theyíre effective at preventing pregnancy. Even better, use a condom along with another birth control method.