- Who We Are
- Our Leadership
- Local & State Offices
- Planned Parenthood Global
- The Affordable Care Act
- Birth Control: Plan and Protect Your Future
- Komen Foundation Restores Funding for Breast Cancer Screenings at Planned Parenthood Health Centers
- Let's Talk Month
- Breast Health Initiative
- National Spokespersons
- Press Releases
- In the News
- Fact Sheets & Reports
- PPFA Maggie Awards for Media Excellence
- PPFA Margaret Sanger Award Winners
- Planned Parenthood Gift Policy
- Advisory Boards & Initiatives
- Jobs & Volunteering
- Annual Report
- About This Site
- Contact Us
Planned Parenthood Website Nominated for Webby Award
Asks Supporters to Vote in Webby People’s Voice Awards
NEW YORK — Planned Parenthood Federation of America is thrilled to announce that the website plannedparenthood.org has been nominated for a Webby Award in the Health Category. The Webby Awards are presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, and have been hailed as the "internet's highest honor" by The New York Times.
“We’re thrilled to be nominated for a Webby Award,” said Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. “Planned Parenthood’s use of technology is mission driven — reducing barriers to preventive care has always been at the forefront of our work. Every year, more than 750 Planned Parenthood health centers nationwide see nearly three million patients and Planned Parenthood websites, including Planned Parenthood en Español, receive more than 47 million visits a year from people seeking reproductive and sexual health information and services. Technology allows Planned Parenthood to replace fear with facts and misinformation with education.”
The Webby Awards present two honors in every category — The Webby Award and The Webby People's Voice Award. Members of The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences select the nominees for both awards in each category, and determine the winners of The Webby Awards.
The Webby People’s Voice Awards are decided by the online community. Each year, The Webby People's Voice Awards garners millions of votes from the Web community all over the world.
Planned Parenthood is asking supporters to vote in the Webby People’s Voice Awards. Voting for the People’s Voice Awards ends on April 25 and winners will be announced on April 30, 2013.
You can vote for Planned Parenthood for the Webby People’s Voice Award here: http://bit.ly/15fqqC7
Planned Parenthood supporters can also encourage family and friends to vote too, by sharing their vote on Twitter (Love plannedparenthood.org? Help @PPFAQ win a #Webby! Vote here: http://bit.ly/15fqqC7 and RT!) and Facebook (Love plannedparenthood.org? Help Planned Parenthood win a Webby: http://bit.ly/15fqqC7).
PLANNED PARENTHOOD INTERACTIVE ONLINE RESOURCES INCLUDE:
· PlannedParenthood.tumblr.com, which is the go-to source for accurate information about contraception, pregnancy prevention, and staying healthy in general.
· A chat/text program that allows young people to contact Planned Parenthood with questions about pregnancy or STDs using the text function on their mobile phone or instant messaging on their computer or tablet..
· Ask the Experts, which allows visitors to the site to ask health-related questions from the “Info for Teens” pages.
· Q&A with Dr. Cullins, which allows visitors to the site to ask health-related questions from the “Health Info & Services” pages.
· My Method, which allows online visitors to determine a suggested method of contraception by answering a few simple questions.
· The Check, which allows online visitors to determine if they should be tested for three of the most common sexually transmitted infections by answering a few simple questions.
· Am I Pregnant?, which allows online visitors to determine if they should take a pregnancy test by answering a few simple questions.
ABOUT PLANNED PARENTHOOD:
For nearly a century, Planned Parenthood has been one of the nation’s leading providers of high-quality, affordable health care for women, men, and young people, and the nation’s largest provider of sex education. Planned Parenthood health centers and international partners provide birth control, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and lifesaving cancer screenings to millions of people in the U.S. and 10 other countries. With a presence in all 50 states and Washington, DC, Planned Parenthood has 73 affiliates that operate more than 750 health centers.
ABOUT THE WEBBY AWARDS:
Hailed as the "internet's highest honor" by The New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites, Interactive Advertising & Media, Online Film & Video, Mobile & Apps, and Social. Established in 1996, this year's Webbys received over 11,000 entries from all 50 states and over 60 countries worldwide this year. The Webby Awards is presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS). Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include: Microsoft, Google+, Citibank, Vitamin T, Quantcast, MailChimp, Yext, Engine Yard, Funny or Die, MLB Advanced Media, Mashable, Business Insider, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Area 17, Forsman & Bodenfors and Guardian News and Media.