- Who We Are
- Our Leadership
- Local & State Offices
- Planned Parenthood Global
- The Affordable Care Act
- Birth Control: Plan and Protect Your Future
- Komen Foundation Restores Funding for Breast Cancer Screenings at Planned Parenthood Health Centers
- Let's Talk Month
- Breast Health Initiative
- National Spokespersons
- Press Releases
- In the News
- Fact Sheets & Reports
- PPFA Maggie Awards for Media Excellence
- PPFA Margaret Sanger Award Winners
- Planned Parenthood Gift Policy
- Advisory Boards & Initiatives
- Jobs & Volunteering
- Annual Report
- About This Site
- Contact Us
Planned Parenthood Congratulates Catherine Russell on Appointment as Ambassador for Global Women’s Issues
WASHINGTON — Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Cecile Richards today congratulated Catherine Russell after the Obama administration announced it would nominate heras Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues.
Statement from Cecile Richards President, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
“We congratulate Catherine Russell on her nomination as Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues and look forward to working together to improve the health and rights of women and girls around the world. As Ambassador Russell begins her new role, we hope she’ll help articulate the centrality of women and girls in U.S. foreign policy in conjunction with President Obama and Secretary of State John F. Kerry.
“Addressing the demand for and access to sexual and reproductive health services will improve maternal and child health, reduce unintended pregnancies, lower HIV infection rates, promote women’s rights and empowerment, enhance women’s and girl’s education, raise standards of living, and contribute toward achieving other critical global development goals.
· For 40 years, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) has been working overseas to ensure that women, men, and young people in some of the world’s most neglected areas have access to the health care they need to control their bodies and their futures. By partnering with local advocates, medical service providers, and youth leaders and helping to build sustainable networks and organizations, PPFA finds innovative ways to deliver critical services and fight for more inclusive laws and policies.