I cherish Thanksgiving. It’s such an important time for family and friends, and reflecting on the precious things dear to us. At this time of Thanksgiving, I am so very grateful for
- The tens of thousands of patients we get to serve each year
- The Pence Amendment being defeated by the Senate
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services requiring health insurers cover birth control pills with no co-pay
- Community partners who help us reach new populations for our educational programs and health services
- Mississippi citizens defeating the “personhood” amendment
- The tens of thousands of educators and teens we get to train each year
- Our loyal, pro-choice legislators
- A passionate, dedicated staff who always are working for our patients
- Journalists who tell the true story of Planned Parenthood’s work
- Donors like you who tirelessly advocate for Planned Parenthood and our mission!
To borrow a phrase from John Tierney in the NY Times, I have the “attitude of gratitude”, and hope you do too.
Many thanks for your continued support,
Reina Schiffrin, MPH
Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic